How we work
To begin with, we’ll find out about you and what you need. Then we’ll create a plan that works and present it to you. Finally, we’ll make it happen for you, and keep reviewing things to make sure you stay on track.
Finding out about you
1. We’ll chat on the phone so we can get to know each other and see if we can help
2. We’ll ask you to send us some basic information, like your incomings, outgoings, assets and liabilities, and any policies you already hold, so we can get thinking ahead of our meeting
3. We’ll have an initial meeting. This costs you nothing. In the meeting, we’ll talk about where you are now, where you want to be, and how you could get there.
Making a plan
4. If you decide to work with us, we’ll then start researching your options – trawling the market for the best mortgage, savings account or investment strategy, for instance
5. We’ll then present this plan back to you. You’ll have the chance to ask us any questions you have. At this point, you’ll need to confirm that you want to go ahead
Making it happen
6. Once you’ve signed a few forms, we’ll go ahead and make it happen – saving you lots of time and hassle
Keeping you on track
7. We’ll happily review things if you ask us to, to make sure you stay on track
8. If anything changes that means you need to rethink your finances, let us know – and we’ll start the process again
How we charge
Our first meeting costs you nothing. After that, what we charge depends on what we do for you.
Mortgage advice is pretty straightforward. For residential and buy-to-let mortgages, we charge a £495 fee. For secured loans and equity release mortgages, it’s £995.
If you need us to set up life insurance, critical illness insurance, or income protection for you, we don’t normally charge a fee for our advice. Instead, we’re paid by the insurer, who gives us commission once they’ve started insuring you.
For everything else, including pensions advice, investment advice, inheritance tax and general financial planning, wills, trusts and lasting powers of attorney, then the cost varies, depending on how long the work takes, how complicated it is, and whether it’s part of an ongoing relationship with you or a one-off. Sometimes it might be a fee; at other times, it could be an ongoing charge that’s worked out as a percentage of what you invest.
But whatever happens, before we do anything, we’ll let you know exactly what you’ll be paying, so you can decide whether you’re happy with it before you tell us to go ahead.
Why work with us
› Though we’re a new business, we’re built on a solid reputation – so you can feel confident we’ve done it before and we know what we’re talking about
› Most of our business comes from referrals - from people who trust us enough to recommend us to their friends, family members and colleagues
› With us, you get to talk to a real person, not trawl through tables on a website – so if you have a question, you can just ask
› We’ll take as much of the admin on as you want us to – saving you time and hassle
› We’ll make the process straightforward
› We’ll work with other professionals if you need us to – from estate agents, to fund managers, accountants, and solicitors